We have a hearty youth section at the club, we run a number of trips in parallel with our main events and activities dedicated for our junior members.
I love kayaking at with Bolton Canoe Club, the experienced paddlers are really friendly and pass on their knowledge. Can’t wait until I go paddling again!
Safety and Welfare
The club takes it’s responsibilities to provide a safe environment for everyone, and to this end, all activities that a junior is attending their guardian must be present throughout – we do not take sole responsibility for juniors. You do not need to participate (although we do encourage you to enjoy paddling with them) we do require you to be on-site. We run events in accordance with our governing policies, please refer to our Documentation page. For more information refer to our Safety page and Welfare page.
There are a number of events that happen throughout the year. Training sessions, trips (rivers, flat water, weekends), junior party’s. Refer to our Events page.
Monday Night Training Sessions
We have a wide range of equipment for junior members of the club to enjoy and develop their paddling. This is a training event, we run these sessions to train members to develop skills to properly paddle on more enjoyable water environments. If you are planning on coming up to a Monday night session at High Rid you need to bring the following:
On the water:
- Shoes, these are very likely to get wet during the night, they also need to fit well in order that they do not fall off.
- Fleece to wear between your wetsuit and cag.
- Swimming trunks / costume to wear under your wetsuit. A rash vest or simmilar to wear on your top under the wetsuit may also be advised.
Off the water:
- A warm dry full set of clothes.
- Dry shoes – remember these especially if you are wearing the shoes you are going to get wet in already.
Remember we do not run lessons – we are a club Monday night is not paddling it is training. Please ensure junior members come with that mind set.
You will be advised if you are able to come on a certain trip, usually they are not age restricted but ability governed. Contact the Event Organiser and Leader for more information on a particular event.